JANA HELLER - 20 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW
Did you know that...
- Jana grew up next door to Judy Garland.
- Jana's first job was delivering false teeth around Los Angeles.
- Jana once worked in an antique clothing store and played Dulcimer for customers whilst wearing Victorian and Edwardian outfits.
- Jana has also worked as a model, and has had her photograph in magazines modelling such diverse items as printing equipment and laser lighting.
- Jana has had pizzas and coffee named after her!
- Jana's favourite drink is Champagne.
- Jana has a large collection of Unicorns.
- All of Jana's musical instruments also have names. Her dulcimer's name is Exciting Winter and her acoustic guitar is Alberta Huxley.
- Jana's acoustic guitar is one of only 100 ever made.
- Jana wrote the song "Mirror" in her sleep - she dreamed that she was playing the song on stage, woke up and wrote it down!
- Jana's band Aaahs are mentioned in the novel "California Generation" by Jacqueline Briskin.
- Jana is a member of the International Banana Club.
- Jana's lyrics have been studied on University literature courses.
- Jana has been a vegetarian since visiting a meat packing plant.
- As well as being a musician, Jana has written cartoon books and poetry. One of her poems has been translated into Japanese.
- At a recent concert, Jana had her songs simultaneously translated into sign language!
- On a recent tour of Poland, Jana, who does not speak any Polish, conducted an interview with a DJ who did not speak any English, again through the wonders of simultaneous translation.
- An article in Spanish about Jana's band once appeared in the magazine HOLA!
- Jana has been known to enjoy cold Lasagne for breakfast.
- Jana once managed to get seven people into an MG Midget.
[HOME] [BACK TO MISCELLANY]
(or use your browser's "Back" button)